Wednesday, May 6, 2009

tea head.


I'm facing a crisis, I've recently started drinking earl grey and Ceylon tea. Why is this a problem? Because now I have too many options resulting in me wanting them all at once. To combat this I have started to drink several different flavours in succession, plainly because I want to drink them all. This has left me bloated and needing to use the bathroom often, so it isn't possibly the best solution. I feel like a greedy little child, because I want all of the flavours and I want them now.
Another option suggested was mixing all the flavours together, which I am not in favour of. Green, Chai, Ceylon, other herbal teas and earl grey, yumyum - not.
I have lots of reasons for liking tea; it is full of lots of good stuff; like antioxidants, it helps keeps your teeth nice and apparently helps to protect one from cancer, it also makes me think of elephants, which are pleasant enough creatures, it stops me from snacking too much; if I have to choose between chips and tea, I take the tea and also, when I go out for 'coffee' and get a pot, it lasts me longer than a small cup of coffee.
When it comes to tea I try to buy fair trade tea, as it tastes better, is cheaper and makes me feel good. Seems I am not alone, in the United Kingdom retail sales of fair trade tea have increased from £2 million per year in 1998 to £64.8 million and 70% of the adult population can recognise the fair trade logo. This Saturday, the 9th of May, is world Fair Trade day, which I shall celebrate with a cuppa tea.

1 comment: